Even though temperatures are cooling, we’re still seeing those nagging mosquitoes around us. With that, the threat of mosquito-borne illnesses are also prevalent. It is important to use mosquito repellent to cover up exposed skin, and to avoid being outside at dusk when mosquitoes are the most active.
There are important things you can do to protect yourself, your children, and other members of your family from mosquito bites. You can use a natural mosquito repellent if you are outside, no matter the time of day.
It is inevitable that you will notice those swelling, red bumps on your skin so it would be beneficial to have some options for mosquito bite relief on hand.
No product is 100% foolproof, so if you do in fact get bitten, there are several natural methods to use instead of itching. Itching exposes the mosquito bite to a greater risk of infection and leads to more inflammation, which causes even more pain. You can also try a natural Skin Tonic Spray, for mosquito bite relief.
- Ice: A shock of cold therapy will provide relief for itching and keep you from swelling more
- Essential Oils: They act as an anti-inflammatory, so it can combat itching, swelling and pain
- Vinegar: This home remedy can help stop itching due to its acidity
- Honey: Since this natural sweetener is known for a wide range of health benefits, including its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties
- Tea Bag: The tannins in tea act as an astringent
- Witch Hazel: This plant-based astringent that, when applied in a paste with baking soda, will draw fluid out and reduce swelling at the bite
- Basil: The aromatic leaf naturally contains camphor and thymol, two compounds that can relieve itching
- Lemon And Lime: Both citrus fruits are anti-itch, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial
- Banana Peels: The sugars in the chemical makeup of the skin of a banana could be soothing and draw fluid out from a bite
- Milk And Water: For a soothing compress, soak equal parts milk and water into a towel and apply on the bite
- Aloe: It’s known to be very good for itching and swelling
By using Wondercide’s repellent in addition to any one of these natural methods for mosquito bite relief, you can decrease the risk of infection and swelling, and your level of discomfort will be significantly reduced. Remember, the West Nile outbreak is still evident so prevention is key!