It’s early Saturday evening.
You’re craving some breeze, a little Vitamin D, hearing the leaves in the trees, playing fetch with your pup. Maybe you’ll sit outside and read a chapter of that book finally. Who knows? The night is young!
With bright spirits and your favorite iced tea, you open your back door and BAM! Your blissful intentions are screeched to a halt with the annoying, pesky, gross MOSQUITOES that bite your ankles and mess up your vision. Is it foggy outside or is that a mosquito in your eye?
Sound painfully familiar?
This was me several months ago, before I began a consistent routine that I’m about to give you the inside scoop on… because sharing is caring, Wonder Pack.
Here’s the thing. Mosquitoes are relentless little creatures. No one has ever claimed they’re “easy” to get rid of, which is why you need a plan of attack. And even better: a tried and true plan of attack chock-full of realistic steps and doable tips:
Step 1: Eliminate things mosquitoes LOVE like:
- Standing water
- Leafy debris
- Have a bird bath? Replace its water every few days.
- Have a pool or pond? Keep the water clean, treated, and filtered.
Step 2: Keep your grass cut short
Mosquitoes love super-tall grass and unkept landscaping. So don’t give it to them! Make sure to keep landscaping areas as manicured as possible. Not into landscaping? Maybe now’s the time to consider xeriscaping or zeros-caping?
Step 3: Treat your yard with Wondercide
Don’t take my word for it. Our mosquito yard sprays underwent third-party lab testing that proved their effectiveness at killing 98–100% of mosquitoes. That's more than other plant-based sprays and just as effective as common sprays that have harmful chemicals in them – which means Wondercide is safe around all the things we love like kids, babies, adults, pets, bees, and butterflies! Can I get a WHOOP WHOOP?
To get started, apply two initial treatments 2-10 days apart. What does that mean? If you’re dealing with a TON of mosquitoes, apply the two treatments closer together. If you’re only seeing a few mosquitoes here and there, apply the two treatments further apart.
Make sure you're covering your yard fully each time and ALL outdoor areas (decks, porches, patios, fences, outdoor furniture, trees, plants, gardens, bushes). Once you gain control, you can transition to treating about once every 30–45 days depending on the pest pressure in your area. Some customers use weekly, some use monthly – the key is to find what works for you. The great thing about this mosquito treatment and repellent for yard is it's safe to use as often as needed. It also works great as an outdoor tick spray and a yard flea spray.
Here are the two yard spray options with information on both so you can decide what will work best for you:
Ready-to-Use Outdoor Mosquito Spray
- Great for small to average-size yards (one bottle covers 5,000 sq. ft.)
- Takes about 20 minutes or less from start to finish for small to average-size yards
- Ships straight to your door ready to spray (just screw on to your hose and you’re good to go!)
- Great to use as a sprayer if you buy concentrate (simply fill the empty ready-to-use bottle with 8–10 oz. of concentrate, fill the rest with warm water, and shake – it’s this easy)
- Watch Wondercide SuperMom Steph use it >
- Perfect for those looking for more flexibility to dial up or down the strength of the solution (e.g. if you’re dealing with a super-challenging infestation, you can easily increase the dilution strength to 8 oz. or even 10 oz.)
- We recommend using a dial hose-end sprayer with concentrate. Wondercide concentrate bottles do not come with a sprayer, and you can easily find one like this online via many sources like Amazon.com, Walmart.com, and so on. Tip reminder: The ready-to-use bottle mentioned above works great as a sprayer option, too.
- Comes in 3 sizes so you can choose which one works best for you (16 oz. treats up to 10,000 sq. ft, 32 oz. treats up to 20,000 sq. ft., and 128 oz. treats up to 80,000 sq. ft.)
- Once you’ve mixed the solution and have your sprayer hooked up, it takes about 20 minutes or less for small to average-size yards
- One more time: it’s great for refilling a ready-to-use bottle :)
- Check out Wondercide SuperMom Steph’s top tips >
Step 4: Layer up with Wondercide Insect Repellent!
Spray on your skin and clothing – safe for babies, too :). Make sure to spray hands, feet and ankles. Spray in your hand to apply to the face and neck. For those long hours outside, reapply this safe bug spray as often as needed. Check out the 4 amazing scents here. And one more bonus: this mosquito repellent also works great as a tick repellent for humans and pets.
Step 5: Make it a year-round routine
Just because you might not see as many bugs around when the weather is cooler does not mean you should stop your routine! Keep it up throughout the year to give yourself the best chances of remaining mosquito-free once the weather warms back up again. With decades of customers’ feedback and our own team’s testing, treating year-round is proven to result in the best case scenario come spring and summer. Get started today!
A little about me: I love being outside, jogging, and weight lifting. Traveling to new places. Mountains. I’m obsessed with my home-life Wonder Pack here in Austin, Texas, which includes: my better half Blake, my 13-year-old Beagle-Aussie mix Jackson, and my 7-year-old Golden Retriever, Calvin. My favorite food is Tex-Mex, I’m a self-proclaimed craft beer connoisseur.