Even though temperatures are cooling, we still see naggingmosquitoes around us. With mosquitoes comes the threat of mosquito-borne illnesses. It's important to use a natural mosquito repellent to protect yourself, your family, and your pets from mosquitoes. Cover up exposed skin and avoid being outside at dusk when mosquitoes are the most active.
Sadly, mosquitoes seem to find a way around every insect repellent product, so you may notice those swelling, red bumps on your skin. When you do get mosquito bites, you need mosquito bite relief!
Mosquito bites itch like crazy, but itching exposes the bite, creates a greater risk of infection, and leads to more inflammation, which can cause you even more pain. There are several natural methods to prevent itching. Our natural Skin Tonic Spray is also great for mosquito bite relief.
Here are some natural home remedies for mosquito bite relief:
- Ice: A shock of cold therapy will provide relief for itching and reduce swelling
- Essential Oils: They are anti-inflammatory, so it can combat itching, swelling, and pain
- Vinegar: This home remedy can help stop itching due to its acidity
- Honey: A natural sweetener, honey is known for a wide range of health benefits, including its anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties
- Tea Bag: The tannins in tea act as an astringent
- Witch Hazel: This plant-based astringent draws raw fluid out and reduces swelling at the bite. Apply in a paste with baking soda.
- Basil: Basil's aromatic leaf contains camphor and thymol, two compounds that can naturally relieve itching
- Lemon And Lime: These citrus fruits are anti-itch, anti-bacterial and anti-microbial
- Banana Peels: The sugars in the chemical makeup of the skin of a banana can soothe and draw fluid out from a bite
- Milk And Water: For a soothing compress, soak equal parts milk and water into a towel and apply to the bite
- Aloe: It's not just for sunburn! Aloe is known to reduce itching and swelling.