accessibility mode: off

The Truth about Toxins: Permethrin

file.png

Permethrin is an insecticide used inagricultureto protect crops and kill livestock parasites and in industrial settings for pest control. Permethrin is often labeled as natural because it is derived from dried chrysanthemum flowers, but that doesn't mean it's safe.Permethrin comes from a family of conventional pesticides, with added properties thatmimicthe pest control benefits ofchrysanthemumflowers.Permethrin is not only toxic but dangerous in agricultural settings because as a broad spectrum chemical it kills indiscriminately. That means that while it does kill the bad bugs, it also kills beneficial insects like bees.

Permethrin is found on produce in the form of residue and in commercial products like flea collars. While studies have not shown as harmful effects on adults, children are more sensitiveto the toxic side effects of conventional pesticides and insecticides. Studies show children have 50% greater risk for brain tumorsif their mothers were exposed to conventional pesticides up to 1 year before birth or during pregnancy.

Limiting your family's exposure to Permethrin involves not only using natural alternatives for pest control, but demanding that pest control services who claim to be using natural products use natural products that are non-toxic. It also helps to reach out to your neighbors and educate them on the benefits of natural pest control.

If your dog walks on your neighbor's lawn or your toddler falls on the chemically treated sidewalk, their exposure increases.

Do you use natural alternatives to minimize your families exposure to toxins? It's not hard! All you have to do is swap your conventional pesticides for....Wondercide!

 

I want natural insect control!

Leave a comment

Please note, comments must be approved before they are published

Your Cart