Calling all good samaritans – mark your calendars for February 17 to celebrate Random Acts of Kindness Day. While we believe love and kindness should be spread year-round, February is specifically designed to call attention to the nurturing aspects of human nature. This special day of selfless acts encourages others to spread love, which causes a ripple effect of compassion, whether the deed is small or more profound.
In honor of Wondercide’s 15th year in business in 2024, we’re sharing 15 ways that our pack has been extending random acts of kindness. We hope this list inspires you to spread care and kindness to those around you too!
- Write someone a handwritten letter instead of a text
- Offer to help with someone else’s chores or responsibilities
- Pay for the person behind you in line
- Let someone merge while you’re in traffic
- Write positive reviews for a good small businesses
- Leave quarters at the laundromat or vending machine.
- Donate clothes or items to a local charity
- Offer to pet sit or babysit
- Cook for someone so they don’t have to
- Volunteer your time and service
- Give a stranger a compliment
- Adopt an elderly or sick pet
- Buy a loved one a gift just because
- Sign up to be an organ donor
- Tip generously to someone who deserves it